Medical Coding Job Profile and Description
When it comes to the health information industry, the job of a medical coder becomes indispensible. They carrying out the vital job of inputting all medical codes into the computer system thereby helping the health care practitioners to receive payment for the services that they have offered. These codes prepared by the Medical coder also help to decide the amount of money that the health care provider would get from the insurance company.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Interpreting the different medical charts and records of the patients and assigning different diagnostic and procedural codes.
- Inputting the derived codes into the computer system with great efficiency and flawlessly.
- Making data highly accessible to the patients, insurance companies and all other billing purposes by charting in an organized fashion.
- Checking medical charts for accuracy and ensuring that it consists of every single piece of information which is imperative to make the chart complete.
- Verifying medical data, signatures, computers and everything that is related to the process of medical coding.
- Analyzing medical data using computer software in order to make a complete chart consisting of all information that is required to form a useful database for future use.
Skills and Specifications
- Highly efficient
- Eye for details
- Knowledge of federal, legal and insurance regulations
- Highly organized
Education and Qualifications
- Diploma in medical coding is highly imperative.
- Five to ten years experience in related field is an added advantage
Medical Receptionist Job Description
Medical Transcriptionist Job Description
Medical Biller Job Description
Medical Records Job Description
Medical Coder Job Description
Medical Technologist Job Description
Medical Office Assistant Job Description
Medical Job Descriptions
Nuclear Medicine Technologist Job Description
Registered Psychiatric Nurse Job Description
Cosmetic Plastic Surgeon Job Description
Obstetrician and Gynecologist Job Description