Medical Billing Specialist Job Profile and Description
Like all other health care professionals, the Medical Billing Specialist works in the health care center itself but his scope of work is related to generating of bills. These bills are meant for reimbursement for the medical facilities. In order to generate the bills they use the computer system where the codes corresponding to a patient’s diagnosis are introduced. These medical professionals are also known as medical coders for the coding task that is performed by them.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assigning different corresponding codes in order to ensure that a medical facility is correctly billed whenever the physician needs to make a diagnosis of the patient.
- Verifying the diagnoses and procedures of the patients with the physicians in order to avoid any kind of discrepancies in the future.
- Using of different types of codes like the International Classification of Diseases code, or ICD and Current Procedural Terminology code, or CPT in order to get the codes properly structured.
- Reporting to billing supervisors and managers in matters of medical bills.
- Ensuring that the bills and codes are prepared with accuracy and is devoid of any kind of discrepancies.
Skills and Specifications
- Excellent knowledge of medical billing
- Highly organized
- Good sense of accounts
- Eye for details and accuracy
Education and Qualifications
- Diploma degrees in medical billing and health care administration are highly imperative.
- Five to ten years experience in this field is an added advantage.
Medical Receptionist Job Description
Medical Transcriptionist Job Description
Medical Biller Job Description
Medical Records Job Description
Medical Coder Job Description
Medical Technologist Job Description
Medical Office Assistant Job Description
Medical Job Descriptions
Nuclear Medicine Technologist Job Description
Registered Psychiatric Nurse Job Description
Cosmetic Plastic Surgeon Job Description
Obstetrician and Gynecologist Job Description