Medical Writer Job Profile and Description
Depending on the type and nature of health care organization a Medical Writer works for, his scope of work would definitely different. However, there are some basic points of similarity when it comes to their scope of work; they need to compose medical documentation on health care and medical topics. From writing to analytical and research skills all are needed from the part of Medical writers. There are even some medical writers who possess good enough knowledge in matters pertaining to medicines.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Researching medical information, summarizing important data, consulting on research plans and ensuring their successful implementation.
- Communicating with different departments and agencies for a coordinated structure of functions.
- Writing documents on health and medical and even editing the statistical and clinical reports.
- Reviewing the medical journals, articles, books and other health care related content even those, which are electronic media concern.
- Developing medical documentation products by organizing, compiling and interpreting different types of technical medical information.
- Writing and catering to different types of audience- from the health care professionals and technical people to the consumer audience who are also known as the general public.
Skills and Specifications
- Great written, analytical and research skills
- Highly organized
- Eye for details
- Adept at technical writing
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in any subject would do but an advanced course in technical writing is imperative.
- Five to ten years experience in this field is imperative.
Medical Receptionist Job Description
Medical Transcriptionist Job Description
Medical Biller Job Description
Medical Records Job Description
Medical Coder Job Description
Medical Technologist Job Description
Medical Office Assistant Job Description
Medical Job Descriptions
Nuclear Medicine Technologist Job Description
Registered Psychiatric Nurse Job Description
Cosmetic Plastic Surgeon Job Description
Obstetrician and Gynecologist Job Description