Medical Director Job Profile and Description
Every medical centre, be it a nursing home or a hospital requires a clinical leader who takes care of different aspects. This clinical leader is known as the Medical Director and he has to look after everything- from planning and implementing of policies to recruiting of staff. He also makes sure that the medical facility is in compliance to the different laws.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruiting and supervising of staff in order to ensure that the quality of the medical faculty is good enough.
- Monitoring the training and development of the entire medical team, this is highly imperative for this would keep the standard of the health care centre up to the mark.
- Ensuring that the different policies and regulations are being properly implemented and followed for their successful execution helps in the smooth operation of the centre.
- Managing the budget of the department for until and unless the financial aspect of the centre is taken care of, it would fail to run successfully.
- Administering of disciplinary actions in order to maintain the optimum level of decorum in the centre.
Skills and Specifications
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Great managerial skills.
- Responsible individual.
- Adequate leadership qualities.
- Exceptional writing and research skills.
- Good organizational ability.
Education and Qualifications
- A degree in medicine is highly imperative which means the person needs to be a doctor.
- At least 10 years of experience as a doctor in a hospital, nursing home or any such medical centre.
Medical Receptionist Job Description
Medical Transcriptionist Job Description
Medical Biller Job Description
Medical Records Job Description
Medical Coder Job Description
Medical Technologist Job Description
Medical Office Assistant Job Description
Medical Job Descriptions
Nuclear Medicine Technologist Job Description
Registered Psychiatric Nurse Job Description
Cosmetic Plastic Surgeon Job Description
Obstetrician and Gynecologist Job Description