Medical Services Manager Job Description and Profile
Under administrative direction, the job of the Medical Services Manager entails participation in the management of the company’s Primary Care and Health Division. The Medical Services Manager negotiates and coordinates with doctors and other medical personal concerned with medical health and primary care services. He likewise performs other related tasks and duties as required of him to do.
Duties and Specifications
- Plans and coordinates operational and administrative studies for the manager in medical services to evaluate current medical services operations.
- Assists in the improvement of the effectiveness, efficiency and quality of care of the division.
- Coordinates the medical services manager in the formulation of the strategic plan of the division by providing relevant information.
- Provides direction and coordination to Public Health Program Managers to efficiently meet the objectives and goals of the department and division.
- Manages the Radiology, Clinical laboratory and Radiology of the division.
- Prepares and administers the budget of various programs.
- Analyzes relevant program data in order to identify funding and other needs and trends.
- Approves cash payments to various providers.
- Researches for relevant and potential grants and other sources of funding and applies for them.
Skills and Specifications
- Able to learn, apply, and explain a wide range of governmental rules and regulations.
- Must be able to research and gather relevant data on contracts, providers and programs.
- Be able to analyze relevant data, make conclusions and appropriate recommendations.
- Must apply the right reasoning to reach the best possible conclusions.
- Must know how to anticipate potential opportunities and problems.
- Be able to anticipate primary needs of staff and clients.
- Able to keep abreast of departmental procedures and policies and procedures affecting the division.
- Must know how to negotiate professional contracts.
- Be able to establish harmonious work relations with service providers, medical service professionals and other agency representatives.
- Must know how to exercise diplomacy and tact.
Education and Qualifications
- At least two years of relevant management experience, preferably in medical or health care setting, including contract supervision and negotiation as well as budgeting.
Medical Receptionist Job Description
Medical Transcriptionist Job Description
Medical Biller Job Description
Medical Records Job Description
Medical Coder Job Description
Medical Technologist Job Description
Medical Office Assistant Job Description
Medical Job Descriptions
Nuclear Medicine Technologist Job Description
Registered Psychiatric Nurse Job Description
Cosmetic Plastic Surgeon Job Description
Obstetrician and Gynecologist Job Description