Photometry Laboratory Assistant Job Description and Profile
Under close supervision and direction, the job of a Phlebotomy Laboratory Assistant entails performing phlebotomy duties and various lab procedures related to the preparation of samples for chemical, microbiological and hematological analyses. The Phlebotomy Lab Assistant performs chemical and biological laboratory procedures and methods related in the preparation of food and water specimens for analysis.
Duties and Specifications
- Logs securely all specimens and assigns accession numbers to them.
- Creates specimen labels.
- Stamps requisition or lab forms.
- Keeps specimens for some time until its processing.
- Preparation of specimens to be transported to other lab.
- Learns public health and clinical lab procedures and terminologies as well as those specimens required for standard laboratory procedures as well as scientific analyses.
- Performs various lab-related clerical tasks and duties such as recordkeeping, file, entering data into database and distribution of test results to concerned sites.
- Checks laboratory supply inventory to ensure inventory levels are adequate.
- Cleans and maintains laboratory work places.
- Proper disposal of bio-hazardous waste materials according to the acceptable waste management plans.
Skills and Specifications
- Able to perform safe and secure venipuncture methods.
- Must learn all about medical and lab terminologies.
- Must be able to learn specialized lab procedures and techniques.
- Be able to maintain precise manual reports and records as well as computer databases.
- Must know how to maintain competency in utilized computer programs in department.
- Able to finish work according to safety standards.
- Be able to follow written and verbal directions, procedures and precautions.
- Must know how to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Able to establish and maintain harmonious work relations with staff, patients and public.
- Be able to maintain full records confidentiality of patients.
Education and Qualifications
- Possession of State-issued Certificate on CPT or Certified Phlebotomy Technician
- Equivalent experience or attendance and completion of relevant training program.
Medical Receptionist Job Description
Medical Transcriptionist Job Description
Medical Biller Job Description
Medical Records Job Description
Medical Coder Job Description
Medical Technologist Job Description
Medical Office Assistant Job Description
Medical Job Descriptions
Nuclear Medicine Technologist Job Description
Registered Psychiatric Nurse Job Description
Cosmetic Plastic Surgeon Job Description
Obstetrician and Gynecologist Job Description