Network Administrator Job profile and description
A network administrator is responsible for setting up, Installing and monitoring networks (LAN and WAN). He performs a wide variety of evaluation, maintenance, installation, and training tasks to ensure the computer network performance meets company and user satisfaction.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Acting as the Situation Manager, to repair and reform unplanned events that adversely affect the network or computing environment.
- Network administrator supports, Manages, and ensures operating capability of both the LAN and WAN networks both wireless and wired are up for all hours of operation.
- Ensuring hardware, software, and network upgrades, installs, re-installs, changes and relocations are efficiently completed as required.
- Installing, configuring, and maintaining PCs, UNIX workstations, Novell networks, file servers, network cabling and Ethernet networks.
- Troubleshooting computing systems, networks, and applications to identify malfunctions and correct them as well as other operational difficulties.
- Investigating, recommending and installing enhancements and operating procedures that regulate network availability.
- Planning and implementing network security, including setting up firewalls, managing host security, applying cryptography to network applications, and regulating file permissions.
Providing on-the-job training to new department staff and personnel
Providing computer orientation to new company staff
Skill and Knowledge Requirements
- Position requires at least a College/University diploma
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, management and communication skills
Network Administrator Job Qualification
- Knowledge of a range of networking systems and languages including Novell, UNIX, and VMS
- Knowledge of computing and computer network hardware, software and peripheral equipment.
- Knowledge of computer network security systems, procedures, techniques and applications.
Responsibilities often require evening and weekend availability in response to needs of the systems in use.
Computer IT Job Description
Sample Network Administrator Job Description
Sample IT Recruiter Job Description
Sample SAP CRM Job Description
Database Developer Job Description
Sample MCSE Job Description
Sample CCNA Job Description
Sample SAP Consultant Job Description
Sample SAP HR Job Description
Senior IT Project Manager Job Description
Senior Manager It Job Description
Senior Qa Engineer Job Description