Bartender Job Profile and Description
Just like working as a food server during a summer or semestral break, if you know your liquors from liqueurs and have had experience in mixing drinks and alcohols for a good alcoholic beverage concoction at home, you can monetize your skill by going into a summer job as a Student Bartender in a pub or restaurant.
Bartender Duties and Responsibilities
- Check customer identification when in doubt to ensure that the establishment does not served liquors to minors.
- Ensure that the drinks you serve conform to what the customer at the bar has ordered or expects.
- Serve liqueurs, wines, and bottled or draft beer.
- Take beverage, alcohol, wine and coffee orders from food serving staff or directly from patrons seated on bar stools at the counter.
- Under supervision by the professional bartended, collect payments for each drink ordered and served.
- Routinely maintain the hygiene and cleanliness of the bar, all its utensils and bar equipment.
- Assist the bartenders in limiting the alcoholic consumption of patrons by taking measures like persuading customers to stop drinking, or ordering taxis or arranging for transport of intoxicated patrons.
- Ensure that the bar stock is adequate for the day’s service.
Bartender Skills and Specifications
- Must have pleasant personality and cheerful disposition
- Must have working knowledge on various liquors, wines and alcoholic beverage and how they are mixed
- Must have excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills
Bartender Education and Qualifications
There’s no specific educational background for the job but a current course in culinary sciences is an advantage
Bartenders enjoyed a median hourly rate, including tips averaging $8.54. The middle 50% earned between $7.53 and $10.98 with bottom 10% at $7.00 and the top 10% at $14.93 an hour. Bartenders in bars may receive tips that exceed half of their regular pay. As a Student Bartender, you can expect to earn lower than the median, unless you’re a regular summer worker in the same bar.
Student Financial Aid Job Description
Student Development Officer Job Description
Athletic Training Student Job Description
Nursing Student Job Description
Graduate Student Job Description
Social Work Student Job Description
GIS Student Job Description
Student Career Descriptions
University Student Job Description
Undergraduate Student Job Description
Student Union Job Description
Student Nurse Job Description