Computer Analyst Job Profile and Descriptions
The job of the Computer Analysts is to help in building or customizing applications that solve a particular problem task, which can be of business, scientific or any other nature. They have to analyze the problem, capture the needs, design, formulate efficient and cost-effective software solutions for the task and implement the same. They must prepare manuals, reports and test plans. The other work of computer analyst is to train people who will be using the software programs and hardware systems. They must recommend for new systems based on needs and use the latest technologies to upgrade the software and hardware. They must also help in troubleshooting day-to-day software and hardware problems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing and implementing the efficient and cost-effective software solutions for a particular problem.
- Preparing manuals and user guide for training purposes and for the use of users.
- Troubleshooting day-to-day problems with software and hardware and fixing them in a timely manner.
- Recommending the need for new software and hardware systems to the management.
- Upgrading the software solutions as well as the hardware systems to solve the problems as and when they arise.
- Maintaining, monitoring and coordinating the use and installation of software and hardware components.
- Updating their knowledge about the latest programming techniques and technologies.
- Working for improving the performance of the systems.
- Working closely with the management and other teams in achieving the organizational goal.
Skills and Specifications
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Excellent computer programming skills.
- Ability to train people and manage time efficiently.
- Problem solving and leadership qualities.
- Good decision-making ability
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related subject.
- Professional certification in any computer technology and experience in same field is preferred.
Systems Analyst Job Description
Software Business Analyst Job Description
Requirement Analyst Job Description
Marketing Data Analyst Job Description
HR Analyst Job Description
Criminal Analyst Job Description
CFA Job Description
Staff Analyst Job Description
Financial Systems Analyst Job Description
Public Affairs Analyst Job Description
Business Analyst Job Descriptions
Database Analyst Job Descriptions