Credit Analyst Job Profile and Descriptions
A Credit Analyst’s job description entails analyzing financial information and assessing the risk of credit offer to individuals and businesses. Credit analysts are in employment with various financial institutions like banks, investment companies, and credit rating agencies. As a credit analyst, he gathers and analyzes credit information on potential and current borrowers, maintains good customer relations by promoting business for Bank and refers customers for new services to appropriate staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing models and methodologies of credit information in order to predict trends and patterns using specific statistical software.
- Providing excellent service to the internal customers by performing risk assessment analysis.
- Liaising with other department members within the company like product specialists, account managers and so on.
- Analyzing financial information like cash flow statements, and management accounts.
- Recommending and advising changes to various credit policies and procedures.
- Assessing the overall credit worthiness of various client companies.
- Keeping abreast of issues related to compliance, legal, and market-risk involved in the endorsement of credit.
- Helping the staff to ensure that policies and procedures comply with the departmental standards.
Skills and Specifications
- Knowledge of credit based business operations and techniques.
- Strong combination of analytical, decision-making, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to present technical information precisely and clearly.
- Ability to work as a part of a team and under minimal supervision.
- Good problem-solving ability and organization skills.
- Strong analytical, numeracy and research skills.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Accounting, or Statistics.
- Experience working in financial credit systems, collections, reporting, or any credit related activities.
Systems Analyst Job Description
Software Business Analyst Job Description
Requirement Analyst Job Description
Marketing Data Analyst Job Description
HR Analyst Job Description
Criminal Analyst Job Description
CFA Job Description
Staff Analyst Job Description
Financial Systems Analyst Job Description
Public Affairs Analyst Job Description
Business Analyst Job Descriptions
Database Analyst Job Descriptions