Market Research Manager Job Description and Profile
The job of a market research manager is to decide between the various courses of action available for best marketing and take measures to implement them. He confers with his team of market research analysts and chooses the best option. The job also entails preparing concise reports based on the market scenario and making the right recommendations to the marketing director of the company. Market research manager is also responsible for developing the best marketing strategies along with the marketing staff in order to improve sales of the company. Important policy decisions of the company often depend on the efficiency of market research manager and hence, the job entails a lot of responsibility.
Market Research Manager Duties and Responsibilities
- Understanding the requirements of clients and customer base in general
- Make quality decisions between different marketing options and choose the one most suited for the company as well as the market situation
- Conferring with market research analysts for useful inputs in order to make quality decisions
- Preparing reports on market scenario and which best marketing strategy to use
- Making final decisions with respect to means of gathering information about the market such as preparation of questionnaires
- Interpretation of available data and making the best recommendations
- Working with managers of different projects to ensure aptness of marketing campaign
Market Research Manager Education, Training and Qualifications
The basic education required for the job of a market research manager is a good understanding of sales and marketing methodologies. He should also be able to use computer application to generate the most feasible and profitable marketing models. Experience of at least 5 years in statistical market analysis and research field is required.
Market Research Manager Degrees, Courses & Certification
The minimum degree required is college graduation in mathematics, economics, statistics or business management. A master’s degree in business management is the most preferred degree for the manager’s job.
Market Research Manager Skills and Specifications
- Excellent management skills
- Excellent observation and analysis ability
- Exceptional decision making skills
- Strong decision making skills
- Ability to forecast market scenario in order to make accurate marketing decisions
- Strong communication skills
- Strong computer application skills with word processors and mathematical spreadsheets and statistics
- Ability to understand graphs and statistical reports
- Must be meticulous and highly organized in work
Market Research Manager‘s Salary/Wage
Market research managers earn between $70,000 and $125,000 per annum.
Marketing Associate‘s Salary/Wage
Marketing associate earns anywhere between $30,000 and $70,000.
Advertising Coordinator Job Description
Fashion Marketing Manager Job Description
Food Marketing Manager Job Description
Market Research Analysts Job Description
Marketing Associate Job Description
Senior Manager Digital Marketing Job Description
Marketing Operations Strategist Job Description
Marketing Communications Coordinator Job Description
Market Planning Director Job Description
Trade Marketing Job Description
Consumer Market Researcher Job Description
VP – Marketing and Sales Job Description