VP – Marketing & Sales Job Profile and Description
Reporting to the COO of a large company, the VP-Marketing & Sales provides the departmental functional leadership to a team of product and brand managers, advertising and promotions directors, market research and customer relations heads as well as pricing directors and marketing systems heads. He or she executes the short and long term marketing plans and programs as approved by the senior executive committees and is the final arbiter in any marketing and sales issue.
VP – Marketing & Sales Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement the strategic marketing directions in support of the corporate business objectives
- Conduct regular management staff meeting to ensure that all directors and managers are appraised of executives directives and be updated with outstanding marketing projects and issues for resolution to high management
- Review and approve departmental budget submissions and submit approved version for executive defense in the corporate budget.
- Conduct the final executive interviews for applicants in the managerial staff of the department.
- Conduct visits and sales conferences in remotes sales offices and affiliate branches across the country and overseas.
VP – Marketing & Sales Skills and Specifications
- Must have the executive ability to implement policies and board directives.
- Must have a well-rounded strategic grasp of the company’s product portfolio and the target market dynamics
- Must have excellent organizational, managerial, administrative and leadership skills.
- Must have excellent communication, social and interpersonal skills
VP – Marketing & Sales Education and Qualifications
- A Master’s degree in business management or administration is basic
- At least 18-22 years of experience in marketing and sales with the last 5 years in a managerial position
VP – Marketing & Sales Salary
The annual salary of a VP-Marketing and Sales depends on the nature and reach of the business, the industry where it belongs, state and holder’s qualification. Typically, the position commands an average of about $97,000 annually excluding perks and executive bonuses.
Advertising Coordinator Job Description
Fashion Marketing Manager Job Description
Food Marketing Manager Job Description
Market Research Analysts Job Description
Market Research Manager Job Description
Marketing Associate Job Description
Senior Manager Digital Marketing Job Description
Marketing Operations Strategist Job Description
Marketing Communications Coordinator Job Description
Market Planning Director Job Description
Trade Marketing Job Description
Consumer Market Researcher Job Description