Marketing Director Career Profile and Description
A marketing director is a key team member of an organization, who needs to work in coordination with all the other departments, in order to achieve the organizational objectives as a whole. This is a leadership position and is responsible for the development of the marketing programs of the company.
A marketing director executes certain important tasks such as development of product strategies, management of the promotional activities and development and implementation of multiple channel programs as per the market requirements.
Marketing Director Duties and Responsibilities
The essential duties and responsibilities of a marketing director are as follows:
- Establishing and managing annual marketing budgets.
- Managing the various public relation activities.
- Managing the marketing communications team.
- Creating developmental strategy for the marketing team as per requirement.
- Managing the social media strategy and online communications.
- Planning media events and maintaining all media relationships.
- Designing and analyzing various marketing campaigns.
- Supporting the marketing initiatives through analysis of the reports.
Marketing Director Skills and Specifications
The ideal candidate should have the following skill set:
- Ability to motivate teams to increase productivity.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to analyze financial reports effectively with an eye for detail.
- Knowledge of basic computer skills and databases.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong understanding of graphic design management.
- Ability to take positive decisions under pressure.
- Able to manage various projects at a time.
- Ability to meet deadlines effectively.
Marketing Director Education and Qualification
The educational requirements for a managing director are as follows:
- Master’s degree or Bachelor’s degree in Marketing Management/Business and Finance/Business Communication or any other related field.
- Experience in managing a departmental budget preferred.
- Experience of working in a franchise business model preferred.
Marketing Director Salary
The average salary of a marketing director ranges from $75,172 to $134,039 per year. It varies depending upon industries such as healthcare industries, IT industries, media industries etc.
Marketing Manager Career Description
Business Marketing Career Description
Entertainment Marketing Career Description
International Marketing Career Description
Advertising Marketing Career Description
Fashion Marketing Career Description
Sports Marketing Career Description
Marine Biologist Career Description
Naturalist Career Description
Biomedical Engineer Career Description
General Practitioner Career Description