Sales and Marketing Career Profile and Description
As the job title suggests, a Sales and Marketing professional is responsible for designing and standardizing the various sales and marketing processes of the organization. S/he works in coordination with the CEO, consultants and the other team members in order to create new business and sales opportunities, so as to meet the needs and requirements of the customers.
These professionals should have the capability of handling multiple projects at a time because this job position requires a lot of research and reporting work.
Sales and Marketing Duties and Responsibilities
The principal duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Conducting sales presentations to meet customer specific needs.
- Attaining the monthly sales objectives.
- Supporting new product launches with presentations and collaterals.
- Developing sales support materials such as brochures, presentations and flyers.
- Maintaining the marketing partnerships with various clients.
- Development of periodic sales projections for different territories.
- Attending the customer’s requests for quotations.
- Conducting assessment of risk elements and implementing risk management policies.
- Developing and implementing strategic planning initiatives.
- Supporting the ongoing sales and marketing initiatives.
Sales and Marketing Skills and Specifications
The desired skills for a Sales and Marketing professional are as follows:
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Sound time management and problem solving skills.
- Strong analytical and administrative skills.
- Knowledge of SAP/ Business Warehouse.
- Proficient in MS Office applications.
- Sound database knowledge.
Sales and Marketing Education and Qualification
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field.
- Candidate should be able to develop weekly selling plans and conduct sales calls effectively.
- Previous staff management experience preferred.
- Public speaking experience is a plus.
Sales and Marketing Salary
The annual median salary of the sales and marketing professionals ranges from $35,950 to $74,310. The salary varies according to the location and the type of industry.
Sales and Marketing Job Profile and Description
The sales and marketing executive is responsible for handling the sales and marketing of the products or services of the organization he has been hired by.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The sales and marketing executive is responsible for bringing in the revenue of the organization. It is his job to market and sell the product or service to the customer and garner profits.
- He has to take part in developing the marketing strategy of the product with the help of other departments of the organization.
- He has to help in product placement.
- He has to deal directly with end consumers if the need arises.
- He has to coordinate all promotional, marketing and advertising activities.
- He has to take part in customer feedback surveys and work out ways to garner higher profits.
- He has to regularly liaison with advertising and media.
- He has to reach the target sales set up by his supervisor.
- He has to take part in sales meetings and present reports about the sales and marketing figures.
- He may have to be involved in pricing strategy.
Skills and Specifications
- A sales and marketing executive needs to possess excellent verbal and written communication skills to succeed in this profession.
- He has to have very good selling skills and should have a pleasing personality.
- He should be persuasive, adaptable, innovative and problem – solving.
- He should have good formal presentation skills as he may have to present his product or service to a group of people.
- His stress-tolerance levels should be high as this profession is highly competitive.
Education and Qualifications
A professional degree in business or marketing is highly desirable for sales and marketing executives. Alternatively, a Bachelor’s degree in any stream is the minimum educational qualification required.
Marketing Manager Career Description
Business Marketing Career Description
Entertainment Marketing Career Description
International Marketing Career Description
Advertising Marketing Career Description
Fashion Marketing Career Description
Sports Marketing Career Description
Marine Biologist Career Description
Naturalist Career Description
Biomedical Engineer Career Description
General Practitioner Career Description