Sports Marketing Career Profile and Description
Sports marketing professionals are generally employed in the athletics department of the organizations or the various universities. Their primary responsibilities are to provide planning and program support regarding the sponsorship and the event activation during the sports.
Sports Marketing Job Profile and Description
Sports marketing job helps to manage and develop promotions, advertisements and strategic partnerships related to sports activities. A sports marketing manager is responsible for carrying out these activities and he also operates sports programs across school, colleges and various organizations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- A sports marketing manager is responsible for the marketing of various sports activities via advertisements, promotions, merchandising or by direct customer events.
- In order to develop successful marketing banners and campaigns the sports marketing managers develop and define programs.
- In order to receive customer objectives and retention the job demands development and delivery of new communication strategies related to activities of sports.
- The job also demands creation of marketing strategies around a particular sport segment.
- He has to perform the function of optimizing and analyzing the performance of the sports campaign in order to improve the return of the investment maximally.
- The job demands management of daily implementations of the marketing resources campaign through events, press and so on.
- A sports marketing manager is responsible for the marketing budgets, communication plans and performances of strategies that are being implemented.
Skills and Specifications:
- A sports marketing manager needs to have good managerial skill accompanied with a strong communication skills.
- He must be proficient with computer fundamentals.
- He must have the ability to operate various tasks and projects independently.
- He should have the capability to work with high energy, flexibility and patience under any circumstances.
- He should be skilled in managing a whole team and work with unaltered enthusiasm.
- He should be skilled in handling various problems tactfully.
Education and Qualifications
To become a fashion marketing executive one should have a Bachelor’s degree in fashion, marketing or any of the field related to fashion.
They coordinate and implement various marketing and promotional strategies in order to increase awareness for various sports. They also undertake the supervisory and budgetary responsibilities on need.
Sports Marketing Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting in the program development and activation of the client’s sports sponsorship’s.
- Interacting with the NCAA personnel and the field representatives, as and when needed.
- Developing and managing the program budgets.
- Drafting and negotiating sports marketing contacts with professional athletes and sports federation.
- Maintaining updated databases and preparing reports.
- Maintaining the contract summaries.
- Preparation and review of the legal documents and contracts signed with the various sports authorities.
Sports Marketing Skills and Specifications
The required skills for a sports marketer are as follows:
- Working knowledge of Photoshop, MS Office, and PowerPoint etc.
- Strong project management skills.
- In-depth understanding of live marketing and activation.
- Strong organizational skills and presentation skills.
- Ability to manage multiple clients and projects.
- Effective time management skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
Sports Marketing Education and Qualification
The minimum qualifications required are as follows:
- Bachelor’s degree in Sports Marketing and Event Activation/Marketing or any other related branch.
- The candidate should have a past experience in developing marketing and promotion plans in written form.
- Candidates should possess supervisory and budgetary experience in the related field.
- Candidates must also possess some work experience with the community outreach programs.
Sports Marketing Salary
The average salary of a sports marketing professional is $52,000. The salary may increase up to $104,000 on the basis of the experience acquired and the levels of qualification.
Market Research Career Description
Marketing Manager Career Description
Business Marketing Career Description
Entertainment Marketing Career Description
International Marketing Career Description
Advertising Marketing Career Description
Fashion Marketing Career Description
Marine Biologist Career Description
Naturalist Career Description
Biomedical Engineer Career Description
General Practitioner Career Description