Parks and Recreation Administrator Job Profile and Description
Parks and Recreation Administrators provide operational supervision to a team of recreation workers who maintain and operate leisure activities allowed in natural and amusement parks. They organize and direct operators and concessionaires in amusement and leisure parks to ensure optimum enjoyment for the visiting public.
Parks and Recreation Administrator Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate with local police, firefighters and 911 emergency crews in cases of social misdemeanors, accidents, and calamities occurring in the park.
- Provide 3rd party instructors and coaches for any of the leisure sports such as kayaking, tennis, golf, swimming, fishing, bird watching, hunting, and horseback riding as allowed within the park’s premises.
- Coordinate with amusement ride operators to check on safety and serviceability of their operations.
- Coordinate with food concessionaires to ensure that their food products conform to health and safety regulations of the state.
- Develop and implement the approved park maintenance budget to achieve their most cost-effective reach in providing electric power, water and sanitation facilities within the park.
Parks and Recreation Administrator Skills and Specifications
- Must be registered with the NRPA as a certified park and recreation professional.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, diplomatic and negotiation skills
- Excellent physical and medical health
Parks and Recreation Administrator Education and Qualifications
- A BS degree from a college or program accredited by the NRPA is basic.
- 3-5 years of experience in park administration is an advantage
- Knowledge and skill in any of the leisure sports supported by the park is preferred.
Parks and Recreation Administrator Salary
The annual median salary of a Parks and Recreation Administrator stood in 2008 at $22,000 with the middles 50% earning between $19,000 and $28,000. The lowest 10% earned slightly higher than $15,000 while the highest 10% earned almost $40,000.
Medical Office Administrator Job Description
Fresher Administrative Job Description
Chief Security Administrator Job Description
Confidential Payroll Manager Job Description
Administration Career Descriptions
Risk Fiscal Administrator Job Description
Medical Records Administrator Job Description
Company Facilities Supervisor Job Description
Administrative Services Clerk Job Description
High School Admissions Administrator Job Description
University Admissions Administrator Job Description
Sanatorium Administrator Job Description