Pediatric Oncology Profile and Description
A pediatric oncologist is a pediatrician who has gained specialization in treating adolescents, infants and children. A pediatric oncologist generally attends to those medical conditions which are related to cancer or other blood disorders. To become a pediatric oncologist, a three year residency training in pediatrics is required after completing bachelor’s program from a medical college.
Pediatric Oncology Duties and Responsibilities
The following are the main duties and responsibilities of a person who is a pediatric oncologist:
- A pediatric oncologist examines the patients and suggests proper diagnostic and blood tests.
- He/she studies and analysis the diagnostic test reports and suggests proper medication.
- A pediatric oncologist is also responsible for updating himself with the latest technology of treatment and may also need to attend conferences and meetings etc in different parts of the world.
- To maintain patient records is also another duty of a pediatric oncologist.
Pediatric Oncology Skills and Specifications
There are many soft skills which are required by a person who wants to be a pediatric oncologist. The following is a list of a few:
- A pediatric oncologist must be caring and loving towards infants and children.
- He/she must be responsive and should possess problem solving abilities.
- A pediatric oncologist must possess exceptional interpersonal skills and should be have in-depth knowledge of this profession.
- He/she should be observant, dedicated and hardworking.
Pediatric Oncology Education and Qualifications
The following educational qualifications are required by a pediatric oncologist:
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) is necessary.
- Voluntary certification is also required.
- Must pass US Medical Licensing Examination.
- Residency program of 3 years is also a must.
Pediatric Oncology Salary
The average salary earned by a pediatric oncologist in a year is $340000 but this amount can vary depending upon type of placement or independent clinic popularity.
Forensic Pathologist Career Description
Occupational Therapy Career Description
Food Technologist Career Description
Wedding Planner Career Description
Party Planner Career Description
Hospitality Management Career Description
Hospitality Industry Career Description
Hotel Management Career Description
Waiter Career Description
Food Chemist Career Description
Food Scientist Career Description
Marine Biologist Career Description