Sales Manager Job Profile and Description:
Sales are very important part of any company, since the aim of one is to sell its products. The job profile of a sales manager is to take charge of this particular and critical department, establish territories for sales, train younger sales representations and agents and generally to monitor sales and set targets which can be achieved. This requires both the backing of a formal education in a relevant field as well as immense skill, patience and training which are to be had through work experience.
Sales Manager Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities of a sales manager include:
- The sales manager creates a plan or strategy which outlines the sales targets to be achieved by the company and elucidates the plans to achieve the same.
- Is responsible for the performance and target achievement of each and every individual working under him or her.
- Outlines new markets and develops sales strategies to make an impact on these new markets. The sales manager also investigates sales leads and decides on plans to improve the same.
Sales Manager Skills and Specifications:
The skills and specifications of a sales manager should include the following:
- Experience with large organizations and software solutions steeped in enterprising.
- At least five to seven years of work experience in the sales department of a reputed company.
- A thorough understanding of the nuances of the Supplier Relationship Management.
- Flexibility of schedule as the job will involve extensive travelling.
Sales Manager Education and Qualification:
The following educational qualifications are needed for a sales manager:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with a special emphasis on marketing.
- Master’s degree which may be combined with a degree in technology
Sales Manager Salary:
Sales managers earn around 120,000 USD per annum depending on the company they are working for.
Sales Director Career Description
Forensic Scientist Career Description
Pharmaceutical Sales Career Description
Auto Sales Career Description
Sales Trading Career Description
Marine Biologist Career Description
Naturalist Career Description
Biomedical Engineer Career Description
General Practitioner Career Description
Visual Merchandiser Career Description
Mortgage Broker Career Description