Medical Sales Job Profile and Description:
The main thrust of the career of a medical sales agent is the selling or marketing of medical products to doctors, hospitals, medical institutions like colleges and universities, and other organizations dealing with healthcare and medicine. Such jobs require the setting forth of a target area by the medical sales agent, and charting out a plan by which he can sell his products either as an inside sales agent or an outside sales agent or medical representative. He can also work as an individual agent who works to sell a number of products of many companies without being affiliated to any particular company.
Medical Sales Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities of a medical sales agent are as follows:
- To maintain relationships with customers. Medical sales agents are responsible for ensuring that old connections and customers remain loyal to the medical product manufacturing company, while establishing relationships with new customers.
- To ensure that products are well received by following up on a particular sale through phone, email, direct contact or solicitation.
- To aim at selling the maximum number of medical equipments for a company, in order to earn substantial commissions and prove valuable to the company.
Medical Sales Skills and Specifications:
The job skills and specifications of medical sales agents are as follows:
- At least 3 years of work experience with reputed and large medical companies as inside, outside or individual medical sales agent.
- Proven track record in making effective sales and following up on them, and excellent record in territory assignation.
- Verbal dexterity and excellent communication skills to convince clients to make a purchase.
Medical Sales Education and Qualifications:
The educational qualifications of the medical sales agent are as follows:
- High school degree or equivalent GED
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, medical office management [not mandatory]
- Certified Sales Professional certification
Medical Sales Salary:
Such an individual receives a base salary of around 30,000USD per annum apart from commissions.
Medical Sales Job Profile and Description
The Medical Sales Representative is a person who has the job of selling off medical equipments, supplies, products, medicines and every other medical related object to the clients. These clients can be anyone from a physician to a nurse, which shows the broad range of their client nature. These medical sales representatives can even sell these medical products to medical stores and establishments. These people need to possess adequate amount of medical information and impart it to their clients as well.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Scheduling appointments to meet with the health care professionals, this is done to build a rapport with them and carry out all essential negotiations.
- Demonstrating a medical device or any other product and also explaining the usefulness of using them.
- Maintaining a record of the sales that has been made by him in order to ensure that he is successful in meeting the target.
- Staying current on the latest medical trends so that they remain aware of the client’s needs and can fully furnish them.
- Specializing in certain types of medical products and equipments, which he would have to sell to the clients.
Skills and Specifications
- Strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Highly organized individual.
- Ability to solve problems with presence of mind.
- Self directed.
- Sporty nature.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration/ sales and adequate knowledge about the medical terminology.
- Five to ten years experience in related field is an added advantage.
Forensic Scientist Career Description
Pharmaceutical Sales Career Description
Auto Sales Career Description
Sales Manager Career Description
Sales Trading Career Description
Marine Biologist Career Description
Naturalist Career Description
Biomedical Engineer Career Description
General Practitioner Career Description
Visual Merchandiser Career Description
Mortgage Broker Career Description