Brand Manager Brand Manager Job Profile and Description
As a marketing manager, the Brand Manager focuses on a specific line of products the company is marketing. A food manufacturing company can have a brand of snacks, dairy products (milk, ice cream butter), TV Dinners, sausages, hotdogs, hams, etc. each with a brand manager. The branding can become geographic-centric, demographics-based or technology based, but no matter, the position calls for astute market planning and strategy formulation for successful market penetration.
Brand Manager Duties and Responsibilities
- Strategize the pricing, promotion, distribution of products from low end to high end within a brand category.
- Ensure maximum market penetration by having the timely product launching, distribution and dealerships across the state.
- Coordinate with other brands to ensure that inter-brand competition or market cannibalization is minimized or prevented.
- Research and arrange contractual dealership deals with the most number of suitable distribution outlets.
- Maintain good business relationships with dealers, distributors, wholesalers and retailers.
- Provide the necessary aftersales support to distribution outlets.
- Coordinate with IT or 3rd party web developers to ensure high page ranking for products pages in for the brand’s online presence.
- Conduct weekly marketing performance reporting.
Brand Manager Skills and Specifications
- Must have the keen sense to identify marketing opportunities and the courage to take advantage of such opportunities
- Must have persuasive, diplomatic, social and interpersonal skills to win market dealers and client support
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent management, organizational and people management skills
Brand Manager Education and Qualifications
- A college degree in Commerce, Business Management or equivalent course is basic.
- An MBA or MBM degree with 3-5 years of experience in marketing of similar products or in general management is an advantage
Brand Manager Salary.
The median annual income for a Manager in the Brand Marketing function stood at around $97,300 in 2008. Like other managerial positions, there’s wide latitude in the salary range depending on the industry where the business operates, the candidate’s qualification, and the complexity being the brand technology and the potential market it can each.
Advertising Coordinator Job Description
Fashion Marketing Manager Job Description
Food Marketing Manager Job Description
Market Research Analysts Job Description
Market Research Manager Job Description
Marketing Associate Job Description
Senior Manager Digital Marketing Job Description
Marketing Operations Strategist Job Description
Marketing Communications Coordinator Job Description
Market Planning Director Job Description
Trade Marketing Job Description
Consumer Market Researcher Job Description