Circulation Manager Job Profile and Description
The head of the circulation department of a printing or publishing house is often a manager who is responsible for the timely and cost-effective distribution of its printed products. Every publishing house either has a dedicated bookstore or outlet in various locations throughout the country and the Circulation Manager ensures that books, magazines, posters, broadsheets and other printed materials reach these outlets in time and in the right quantity. The position supervises a team who packages and ensures the correct deliveries to various points in the country, either organically or outsourced to couriers.
Circulation Manager Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the chief editor in the planning of sales and distribution strategies for various printed products.
- Set revenue goals and develop distribution strategies for growth and profitability.
- Monitor circulation costs and movement trends for each titles
- Provide bulk pricing for wholesales in coordination with marketing.
- Coordinate with outlets in making sure enough rack space and supply of publication materials
- Provide distribution updates to management.
Circulation Manager Skills and Specifications
- Must have adequate customer focus when dealing distribution outlets to carry their publication titles
- Excellent management and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal, diplomatic and selling skills to successfully deal with independent retail outlets in malls around the country as required in the circulation.
- Excellent communication skills in English and Spanish.
Circulation Manager Education and Qualifications
A college degree in Journalism, Mass Communication with a 2-3 year experience in marketing and sales is preferred for the position
Circulation Manager/Director Salary
The median annual salary for a Circulation Manager in 2008 stood at $80,200 with a wide latitude for the lowest and the highest as various companies have varying levels of compensation for the position depending on the publication volume and geographic reach as well ad headquarter location.
Advertising Coordinator Job Description
Fashion Marketing Manager Job Description
Food Marketing Manager Job Description
Market Research Analysts Job Description
Market Research Manager Job Description
Marketing Associate Job Description
Senior Manager Digital Marketing Job Description
Marketing Operations Strategist Job Description
Marketing Communications Coordinator Job Description
Market Planning Director Job Description
Trade Marketing Job Description
Consumer Market Researcher Job Description