Cleaner Job Profile and Description
A cleaner performs a vital function in any institution. The tasks of a cleaner may be simple but they are truly useful and indispensable. To refer to cleaners as simply cleaners is an understatement. Their functions go beyond simply cleaning.
Cleaning is only a portion of the varied roles that a cleaner has.
The job of a cleaner may vary depending on the institution they work for. However, there are a few vital or key roles that a cleaner must perform regardless of institutional differences.
Duties and Responsibilities
Here are some of the key responsibilities of a cleaner:
- Assess the cleanliness and hygiene situation of the establishment and detect current and potential problems.
- Perform common household tasks to maintain a clean work place. This may com in the form of sweeping floors, cleaning walls and windows and throwing the trash.
- Make simple repairs that do not need professional help. Such repairs can include repairing wall panels and the like.
- Simple security measures such as locking doors and closing windows is also included in the functions of a wall cleaner.
- Continuous monitoring of the cleanliness of facilities and other equipment.
- Informs the management for the need of extensive repairs and other major renovations in the work area or office.
- Perform simple sterilization procedures such as boiling rugs and other cloths.
- Initiate simple wood repairs that do not need require major attention.
- Paints ceilings and other equipment that fall under minor repairs.
Monitoring hazards in the establishment such as those related to fire and electricity.
- Cleans walls, windows and corridors in case of snow or other debris.
- Ensure cleanliness and hygiene in restrooms and other places in the building.
A cleaner performs the delicate tasks of maintenance and repair that is needed in any workplace, regardless the nature of its work. The need for cleanliness, hygiene and safety is a universal. The cleaner’s task affects the quality of work of everyone in the institution. Everyone likes to work in an environment that is clean, safe and healthy. A cleaner makes your office or building as comfortable, clean and safe just like your own home
Sales Career Descriptions
Retail Career Descriptions
Research Career Descriptions
Pharmaceutical Career Descriptions
Oil / Energy Career Descriptions
Office Career Descriptions
Nursing Career Descriptions
Media Career Descriptions
Marketing Career Descriptions
Manufacturing Career Descriptions
Management Career Descriptions
Maintenance Career Descriptions