Computer Technician Job Profile And Description
An individual working in the position of a computer technician has to repair computers and various other related parts. They are also responsible for maintaining and installing the computers along with equipments that belong to the peripheral computer. They have to make use of hand tools as well as software in order to do their work. Sometimes it is the job of a computer technician to carry activities like network installation. A computer technician is hired in all kinds of organizations varying from schools to retail outlets.
Computer Technician Duties And Responsibilities
The various duties and responsibilities of a computer technician are as follows:
- Doing repairing work on the dysfunctional computers
- Provide maintenance and installation of systems and also to peripheral computer equipments
- Providing technical support to all employees using I.T. services
- Measuring the productivity as well as performance of the computers and related hardware
- Maintaining and implementing ongoing operation of the help desk
- Resolving technical issues and keeping track of the maintenance work done by them
- Assisting in the process of system up gradation
- Administering the network and if required recommending the paths for connectivity
Computer Technician Skills And Specifications
A computer technician must possess various skills and specifications. They are as follows:
- Must possess excellent technical knowledge
- Needs to have good knowledge about computer and hardware related problems
- Should know how to fix peripherals that come with the computer
- Must have the ability to meet deadlines
Computer Technician Education And Qualification
In order to work as a computer technician, an individual must have an associate degree in computer science. It is always an advantage to have a certification training program.
Computer Technician Salary
The average salary of a computer technician vary from $24000 to $69000 depending on work experience and organization type
Computer technician Career Description
A Computer technician helps to improve the IT infrastructure in a firm by undertaking regular maintenance and repair of the hardware and software of the firm. Now-a-days computers are used in every sector of business and almost every process is incorporated in the computer. Hence the right functioning of the computer is absolutely essential to ensure that the operations of the firm happen seamlessly and that there are no breakdowns. Candidates who want to become computer technicians should at least have completed their graduation in computer science. They can also get trained in coaching institutes on various languages or packages they are interested in.
Computer technician Job Career Description
- Candidates who want to become computer technicians should possess all relevant knowledge in computer hardware and software that are helpful in maintaining the IT machinery of a firm.
- Candidates should have good analytical skills to diagnose and repair problems that arise in computers, laptops, servers, etc.
- Computer technicians should be able to upgrade the systems to latest technology and install various software that can help to adapt to new processes and systems.
- The demand for computer technicians is present in every kind of industry. They can work in a firm as a full time employment or they can even practice independently. Most firms employ them on a contract basis and pay them hourly wages.
Computer technician Career Salary
Candidates who are aspiring to become Computer technicians will find tremendous number of opportunities to work in the fields of computer services, computer repair and maintenance, computer hardware and software, retail firms, and education firms. Candidates need to have at least 1-4 years of experience as computer technicians. According to the salary estimates by Pay Scale and released through National Salary data, the annual compensation of a computer technician ranges from $20,000 to $49,000 and the median salary is around $35,000 per year.
Mining Technician Career Description
Histology Technician Career Description
Automotive Technician Career Description
Agricultural Technician Career Description
Emergency Medical Technician Career Description
Surgical Technician Career Description
Electrical Technician Career Description
X-Ray Technician Career Description
Environmental Technician Career Description
Pharmacy Technician Career Description
Food Science Technician Career Description
Marine Biologist Career Description