Corporate Lawyer Job Profile and Description
The corporate lawyer is one who is responsible for handling business laws and concepts. He or she is responsible for defending clients and also providing legal advice. There is also assistance provided to corporations and also advocacy to government agencies in terms of securities, financial and real estate law.
There are various licensure and educational requirements in order to become the lawyer. He or she is also responsible for defending, understand and upholding legal matters. There is also the need to defend corporation related to acquisitions, taxation, global economics, patents, and mergers, securities, accounting etc.
Corporate Lawyer Duties and Responsibilities
- Must know about corporate disputes, finance law and resolution laws
- Must be acquainted with white collar crimes, penalties and criminals
- Must be able to meet clients and also different legal briefs as well as open and close courtroom arguments and compiling evidence and conducting research.
Corporate Lawyer Skills and Specifications
- Must be able to use computing and accounting software
- Must be acquainted with the different corporate laws
- Should be able to handle different business clients
- Should also be able to handle different cases at the same time
Corporate Lawyer Education and Qualifications
- Should pass Law School Admission Test
- Should have a high test scores and high college GPAs
- Must pass the American Bar Association
- Bachelor and Master’s degree in Law
- Should also pass an ethical examination.
Corporate Lawyer Salary
The average salary of a corporate lawyer depends on the corporation he or she is associated with. There needs to also be due consideration with regards to the geographic location. The average income per year is $45,000 but this is stated to increase with time and more experience. Also, this varies from state to state.
Criminal Justice Career Description
Criminal Investigator Career Description
Law Clerk Career Description
Criminal Lawyer Career Description
Law Enforcement Career Description
International Lawyer Career Description
Marine Biologist Career Description
Naturalist Career Description
Biomedical Engineer Career Description
General Practitioner Career Description
Visual Merchandiser Career Description