Data Analyst Job Profile and Descriptions
A Data Analyst is a professional who provides strategic and tactical support to the organization by analyzing and interpreting the data to provide creative solutions. A data analyst employed in an organization performs data analysis with regard to client requests and develops rules and methodologies for effective data management. He, as a data interpretation expert, should have knowledge of data analysis tools and computer systems technology.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assuring the integrity of project data, including data extraction, storage, manipulation, processing and analysis.
- Collecting and collating appropriate data for usage in databases and conducting related research.
- Discussing business intelligence needs or information with external clients and internal staff.
- Responsible for administration, database design, security, and maintenance.
- Coding accurately variables from original information or data and completing statistical analyses as required.
- Preparing and making presentations, monitoring and maintaining the quality nature of database systems.
- Analyzing data with standard statistical methods, interpreting the results, and providing written summary of data analyses.
- Sharing the knowledge of analysis techniques and data coding with other staff.
- Working with scientists to design and develop statistical analyses, which address projected research questions.
- Participating in ongoing decisions concerning data collections, study design, methodology, and data analysis.
Skills and Specifications
- Knowledge of statistical methodologies and techniques.
- Business awareness and numerical ability.
- Must possess solid communication skills.
- Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality.
- Must value operating in a collaborative and cooperative environment.
- Ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Statistics, Marketing, or any related field from an accredited institution.
- Experience in Business Administration related activities.
Systems Analyst Job Description
Software Business Analyst Job Description
Requirement Analyst Job Description
Marketing Data Analyst Job Description
HR Analyst Job Description
Criminal Analyst Job Description
CFA Job Description
Staff Analyst Job Description
Financial Systems Analyst Job Description
Public Affairs Analyst Job Description
Business Analyst Job Descriptions
Database Analyst Job Descriptions