Facilities Manager Job Profile and Description
A facilities manager is often seen working for large commercial establishments or buildings. Services of a facilities manager are necessary in big buildings such as shopping malls, hotels, schools and resorts. Big institutions like these need the expertise of a facilities manager to maintain smooth operations of the establishments. The facilities manager occupies a unique and vital position in any institution.
Duties and Responsibilities
Here are some of the key responsibilities of a facilities manager:
- Assess the current condition of electrical, air conditioning, plumbing and other essential facilities and equipment.
- Maintain accurate records of the condition of the equipment and other systems in the building.
- Create a schedule of regular evaluation of the facilities.
- Participate in the development of policies and procedures that affect the use of supplies and facilities.
- Ensure that all the equipment and other facilities are working properly.
- Create monitoring systems or programs in the institution to detect problems as early as possible.
- Initiate interventions to solve problems in the facilities.
- Develop a system for cleaning, repair and maintenance of facilities.
- Develop back-up or alternative systems for common problems such as power shortage.
- Ensure the safety of the building or establishment from fire, flood and other hazards.
- Initiate an active campaign on safety measures in the building.
- Prepare pertinent records and reports for the safety service division of the institution.
- Recruiting facilities service staff and training them appropriately to ensure competent work output.
- Develop staff development programs such as skills enhancement trainings and sessions.
- Maintaining the efficiency and good working conditions of the facilities.
- Evaluate the work quality of his staff and other subordinates.
- Coordinate with other offices and units for things that are not within the scope of the facilities service team.
- Participate in preparing the budget and so that the facilities maintenance team will get the facilities maintenance team will have adequate funds for its operation.
- Educate the workers of the establishment on the proper use and care of its equipment and other facilities.
- Coordinate with the upper management on work issues.
Medical Office Administrator Job Description
Fresher Administrative Job Description
Chief Security Administrator Job Description
Confidential Payroll Manager Job Description
Administration Career Descriptions
Risk Fiscal Administrator Job Description
Medical Records Administrator Job Description
Company Facilities Supervisor Job Description
Administrative Services Clerk Job Description
High School Admissions Administrator Job Description
University Admissions Administrator Job Description
Sanatorium Administrator Job Description