Marketing Analyst Job Profile and Descriptions
Marketing Analysts help the organization in making marketing decisions. They research market situations to determine possible sales of a service or product and assess their promotional needs. They gather pertinent information on sales, methods of marketing, competitors, prices, marketing outlets, and distribution channels to develop sales and marketing strategies. Therefore, they may analyze the results based on the information collected or use survey results to design marketing campaign.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing a research plan, analyzing the research results and offering marketing strategies.
- Analyzing customers, organizations, and competitors using graphs, charts, and explanatory text.
- Collecting customer demographic information such as income, gender, age and market information through principal research methods.
- Conducting research on marketing strategies and consumer opinions, collaborating with statisticians, pollsters, marketing professionals, and other professionals.
- Generating reports of findings, placing difficult findings on paper, and illustrating data graphically.
- Collecting information on competitors and analyzing their sales, prices, and methods of distribution and marketing.
- Measuring the effectiveness of advertising, marketing, and communications strategies and programs.
- Attending department conferences to provide proposals and information concerning the distribution, promotion, pricing, and design of company services or products.
- Providing information to help clients determine their positioning in the current marketplace.
- Developing and implementing procedures to identify advertising needs, and directing trained survey interviewers.
- Devising and evaluating methods and procedures to collect data such as opinion polls, surveys, or questionnaires or arranging them to obtain accessible data.
Skills and Specifications
- Knowledge of methods and principles to show, promote, and sell products or services.
- Knowledge of business principles involved in marketing strategic planning.
- Solid business acumen, analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Should be an active listener and learner.
- Good time management, writing, speaking, and negotiation skills.
Education and Qualification
- Bachelor’s degree in sales and marketing, administration and management, communications and media, or any marketing related field.
- Experience in marketing related activities.
Systems Analyst Job Description
Software Business Analyst Job Description
Requirement Analyst Job Description
Marketing Data Analyst Job Description
HR Analyst Job Description
Criminal Analyst Job Description
CFA Job Description
Staff Analyst Job Description
Financial Systems Analyst Job Description
Public Affairs Analyst Job Description
Business Analyst Job Descriptions
Database Analyst Job Descriptions