Merchandise Buyers typically work in retail stores and departmental stores and are accountable for all the purchase of the goods that are to be sold in the store. An individual of this profile requires having retail expertise as well as organizational and administration capabilities for handling all purchase functions of the organization smoothly and strategizing revenue inflow for the company.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Surveying customer purchase trends, market trends and fashion trends and placing purchase orders for the store accordingly.
- Negotiating with suppliers for the best deals and prices.
- Ensuring the proper filling of purchase order and all other documentation and legal processed for the procurement of goods.
- Proper storage and stocking of the store inventory.
- Supervising the working of the merchandise assistants and assigning them necessary tasks.
- Making purchase reports and evaluating sale trends in the store.
- Coordinating working with other departments of the store.
- Tying up with transporters for the procurement of goods and supplies.
Skills and Specifications
- Knowledge of all legal documentation processes for procuring goods and supplies for the store.
- Should possess good communication skills written as well as verbal.
- Should have the ability of leading a team, keeping them motivated and meeting all necessary deadlines.
- Should have good time management skills and abilities.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelors or an associate’s degree or diploma in the field of retailing, merchandising, sales and marketing from an accredited institution.
- Post Graduate degree in marketing, merchandising or any other discipline with about 3 to 4 years experience merchandising.
Advertising Coordinator Job Description
Fashion Marketing Manager Job Description
Food Marketing Manager Job Description
Market Research Analysts Job Description
Market Research Manager Job Description
Marketing Associate Job Description
Senior Manager Digital Marketing Job Description
Marketing Operations Strategist Job Description
Marketing Communications Coordinator Job Description
Market Planning Director Job Description
Trade Marketing Job Description
Consumer Market Researcher Job Description