Dietician Job Profile and Description
A person who provides sound advice to people who are concerned about their diet or about gaining or losing weight is known as a dietician. A dietician is trained in such a way that they can help people to make health-conscious decisions which will help them to become healthy and get to a desired body weight and size. The following is a detailed description of the career of a dietician.
Dietician Duties and Responsibilities
The following are the various duties and responsibilities of a dietician:
- Educating and informing patients about diet related disorders and helping them improve their health by making correct food and diet related changes and choices.
- Another responsibility of a dietician is to examining patients, their diet choices and suggesting them with ways to lose or gain weight.
- It is the duty and responsibility of a dietician to analyse the nutritional content in one’s food and calculate the nutritional requirements of that person.
Dietician Skills and Specifications
The skills and specifications required to become a Dietician are given below:
- A Dietician must possess exceptional knowledge of calories and nutrition and should be able to make healthy changes in a person’s diet.
- He/she must possess good communication skills and a smiling disposition to make the patients feel comfortable.
Dietician Education and Qualification
The following are the educational qualifications which a dietician must possess:
- A bachelor’s degree in a food and nutrition or dietics is a prerequisite for anyone who wants to become a dietician.
- A certificate in any of these fields or a dietician license is also required by the candidate to become a dietician.
A person who is working as a dietician in a hospital or clinic is expected to earn an average median salary of $54470 in a year. The median hourly wages of dieticians are $26.19.
Neurosurgeon Career Description
Neonatologist Career Description
Dental Assistant Career Description
Genetic Counselor Career Description
Chiropractor Career Description
Dietitian Career Description
General Surgeon Career Description
Homeopathy Career Description
Family Physician Career Description
Gynecologist Career Description
Biotechnology Career Description
Orthopedic Surgeon Career Description