Dietician Job Profile and Description
A person who provides sound advice to people who are concerned about their diet or about gaining or losing weight is known as a dietician. A dietician is trained in such a way that they can help people to make health-conscious decisions which will help them to become healthy and get to a desired body weight and size. The following is a detailed description of the career of a dietician.
Dietician Duties and Responsibilities
The following are the various duties and responsibilities of a dietician:
- Educating and informing patients about diet related disorders and helping them improve their health by making correct food and diet related changes and choices.
- Another responsibility of a dietician is to examining patients, their diet choices and suggesting them with ways to lose or gain weight.
- It is the duty and responsibility of a dietician to analyse the nutritional content in one’s food and calculate the nutritional requirements of that person.
Dietician Skills and Specifications
The skills and specifications required to become a Dietician are given below:
- A Dietician must possess exceptional knowledge of calories and nutrition and should be able to make healthy changes in a person’s diet.
- He/she must possess good communication skills and a smiling disposition to make the patients feel comfortable.
Dietician Education and Qualification
The following are the educational qualifications which a dietician must possess:
- A bachelor’s degree in a food and nutrition or dietics is a prerequisite for anyone who wants to become a dietician.
- A certificate in any of these fields or a dietician license is also required by the candidate to become a dietician.
A person who is working as a dietician in a hospital or clinic is expected to earn an average median salary of $54470 in a year. The median hourly wages of dieticians are $26.19.