Sales and Marketing Career Profile and Description
As the job title suggests, a Sales and Marketing professional is responsible for designing and standardizing the various sales and marketing processes of the organization. S/he works in coordination with the CEO, consultants and the other team members in order to create new business and sales opportunities, so as to meet the needs and requirements of the customers.
These professionals should have the capability of handling multiple projects at a time because this job position requires a lot of research and reporting work.
Sales and Marketing Duties and Responsibilities
The principal duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Conducting sales presentations to meet customer specific needs.
- Attaining the monthly sales objectives.
- Supporting new product launches with presentations and collaterals.
- Developing sales support materials such as brochures, presentations and flyers.
- Maintaining the marketing partnerships with various clients.
- Development of periodic sales projections for different territories.
- Attending the customer’s requests for quotations.
- Conducting assessment of risk elements and implementing risk management policies.
- Developing and implementing strategic planning initiatives.
- Supporting the ongoing sales and marketing initiatives.
Sales and Marketing Skills and Specifications
The desired skills for a Sales and Marketing professional are as follows:
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Sound time management and problem solving skills.
- Strong analytical and administrative skills.
- Knowledge of SAP/ Business Warehouse.
- Proficient in MS Office applications.
- Sound database knowledge.
Sales and Marketing Education and Qualification
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field.
- Candidate should be able to develop weekly selling plans and conduct sales calls effectively.
- Previous staff management experience preferred.
- Public speaking experience is a plus.
Sales and Marketing Salary
The annual median salary of the sales and marketing professionals ranges from $35,950 to $74,310. The salary varies according to the location and the type of industry.