Sports Marketing Career Profile and Description
Sports marketing professionals are generally employed in the athletics department of the organizations or the various universities. Their primary responsibilities are to provide planning and program support regarding the sponsorship and the event activation during the sports.
They coordinate and implement various marketing and promotional strategies in order to increase awareness for various sports. They also undertake the supervisory and budgetary responsibilities on need.
Sports Marketing Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting in the program development and activation of the client’s sports sponsorship’s.
- Interacting with the NCAA personnel and the field representatives, as and when needed.
- Developing and managing the program budgets.
- Drafting and negotiating sports marketing contacts with professional athletes and sports federation.
- Maintaining updated databases and preparing reports.
- Maintaining the contract summaries.
- Preparation and review of the legal documents and contracts signed with the various sports authorities.
Sports Marketing Skills and Specifications
The required skills for a sports marketer are as follows:
- Working knowledge of Photoshop, MS Office, and PowerPoint etc.
- Strong project management skills.
- In-depth understanding of live marketing and activation.
- Strong organizational skills and presentation skills.
- Ability to manage multiple clients and projects.
- Effective time management skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
Sports Marketing Education and Qualification
The minimum qualifications required are as follows:
- Bachelor’s degree in Sports Marketing and Event Activation/Marketing or any other related branch.
- The candidate should have a past experience in developing marketing and promotion plans in written form.
- Candidates should possess supervisory and budgetary experience in the related field.
- Candidates must also possess some work experience with the community outreach programs.
Sports Marketing Salary
The average salary of a sports marketing professional is $52,000. The salary may increase up to $104,000 on the basis of the experience acquired and the levels of qualification.
Market Research Career Description
Marketing Manager Career Description
Business Marketing Career Description
Entertainment Marketing Career Description
International Marketing Career Description
Advertising Marketing Career Description
Fashion Marketing Career Description
Marine Biologist Career Description
Naturalist Career Description
Biomedical Engineer Career Description
General Practitioner Career Description