Advertising Manager Profile and description
The head of a large company’s advertising function is often the Advertising Manager who is responsible for planning, developing, directing and implementing the advertising campaigns and programs that create and sustain brand awareness and recognition from its target markets. The position not only manages organic resources and people to this end but also harnesses the expertise of 3rd party advertising agencies that flesh out the advertising campaigns for their clients, harnessing the various media outlets that sell advertising space or time. Advertising managers essentially serve as the link between the company and these advertising agencies.
Advertising Manager Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and present to management the annual advertising budget and the corresponding advertising plans
- Collaborate with the company’s 3rd party advertising agencies in developing all approved advertising programs and projects
- Conduct regular meetings with sales and marketing executives, along with the advertising agency to ensure the company is kept informed on it product position in its target markets
- Approve all adverting media placements,
- Work closely with public relations officers in crafting press releases if needed
- Coordinate with IT team in placing online ads
Advertising Manager Skills and Specifications
- Must be able to conceptualize ideas in product positioning
- Must have highly creative advertising ideas appropriate for the product or service
- Must have excellent organizational and managerial skills
- Excellent interpersonal and social skills in dealing with managements, clients and advertising agencies
- Excellent verbal and writing communication skills in English.
Advertising Manager Education and Qualifications
- A Bachelor of Arts in Advertising is a must with 3-5 years of related experience in a similar capacity or in marketing and sales.
- An MBM or MBA is an advantage.
Advertising Manager Salary
The median annual salary of Advertising Managers in 2008 stood at $80,300. Like other managerial positions, there’s a wide latitude in the salary range depending on the industry where the business operates, the complexity and range of the products and devices to be advertised and their revenue potential.
Advertising Coordinator Job Description
Fashion Marketing Manager Job Description
Food Marketing Manager Job Description
Market Research Analysts Job Description
Market Research Manager Job Description
Marketing Associate Job Description
Senior Manager Digital Marketing Job Description
Marketing Operations Strategist Job Description
Marketing Communications Coordinator Job Description
Market Planning Director Job Description
Trade Marketing Job Description
Consumer Market Researcher Job Description