Bookkeeper Job Duties
A bookkeeper has been the traditional job name for an accountant and carries the same duties and responsibilities for keeping track and reporting the company’s financial situation or any part thereof. A bookkeeper can be assigned to monitor capital changes, revenues and expenses, asset and liability movements, inventory management, taxes, payroll, projects and budgets at the corporate, departmental and subsidiary levels. The position can be found across the corporate hierarchy from head bookkeeper to assistant bookkeeper.
- Implement the local laws on accounting standards.
- Keep abreast with accounting trends and developments in the industry where they operate.
- Install and operate the company’s general ledger system, whether automated or manual.
- Journalize all cash that come in and come out of the company and summarize in the form of cash flow statements.
- Maintain record of corporate assets and liabilities to allow for an accurate balance sheet statement every period.
- Prepare the company’s year-end income statements for shareholders and for tax purposes.
- Prepare cash payments to suppliers and vendors.
- Compute and prepare the proper tax payments.
- Monitor expenses and income from projects, cost centers, branches, social corporate events, marketing promotions and other corporate activities.
- Process payroll and coordinate with the authorized payroll depository banks for automatic fund transfers for employee salaries.
- Participate in feasibility studies for setting up and capitalizing new subsidiaries.
- Assist the budget office in developing the annual capital and operating expense budgets.
- Provide company shareholders with statements on the financial health of the company.
Clerical Job Duties
Call Center Manager Job Description
HVAC Technician Job Description
IT Manager Job Description and Profile
Sales Career Descriptions
Retail Career Descriptions
Research Career Descriptions
Pharmaceutical Career Descriptions
Oil / Energy Career Descriptions
Office Career Descriptions
Nursing Career Descriptions
Media Career Descriptions