Cashier Job Specification
A Cashier plays a significant role, especially in the day-to-day activities of any organization. A Cashier’s main responsibility involves conducting all monetary transactions appropriately and efficiently. An applicant for a post of a cashier requires possessing certain prerequisites, which are essential to execute all duties pertaining to the job immaculately. Cashier jobs usually pertain to retail or departmental stores, banks, and other businesses.
- Working knowledge of various money handling techniques, like balancing of cash against register tapes or receipts.
- Knowledge of fundamental record keeping for the preparation of routine reports, balancing daily receipts, and making deposits.
- Knowledge of lock box, general cash receipts, and billing systems.
- Knowledge of office procedures to file reports and records and to retrieve them.
- Proficient in operating a computer, PC software and applicable mainframe.
- Skillfulness in keyboard data entry functions with speed and greater accuracy.
- Should be able to operate typewriter, calculator, and other related office machines and equipment.
- Ability to perform arithmetic calculations speedily and with greater accuracy.
- Ability to perform batch balancing and cash drawer functions accurately.
- Ability to prepare statistical summary sheets.
- Should have the ability to receive payments as well as to provide the accurate change.
- Should be able to establish and maintain efficient working relationships with public and employees.
- Ability to read, interpret and apply written and oral policies and procedures.
- Ability to communicate verbally with customers in pleasant manner to respond to inquiries.
- Must possess good personal, trust-worthy and customer-service oriented skills with high level of work accuracy.
Telecom Job Specifications
Call Center Manager Job Description
HVAC Technician Job Description
IT Manager Job Description and Profile
Sales Career Descriptions
Retail Career Descriptions
Research Career Descriptions
Pharmaceutical Career Descriptions
Oil / Energy Career Descriptions
Office Career Descriptions
Nursing Career Descriptions
Media Career Descriptions