A well-written job specification ought to comprise of certain basic characteristics, which contributes to making the description more effective and relevant. Job Specification Characteristics are the prerequisites, which a prospective candidate requires possessing for applying to a position. This is essential from the point of view of the employer and as well as the job seeker.
Essential Characteristics of Job Specifications
The objective of a job description or specification is to furnish the requirements of an employer to the applicants. Therefore, in order to accomplish effectively, the same certain characteristics need to be comprised in a job specification, which include:
- The nature of the job, functions and the role that a candidate requires playing in the particular position.
- The responsibility and accountability of the job position.
- The educational qualifications needed for the job.
- Details regarding the remuneration being offered to the employees by the company.
Significance of Job Specifications Characteristics
The job specifications characteristics are important for the applicant as well as the employer. For the job seekers, the illustration of such characteristics enables them to:
- Gauge if their qualifications and skills make them eligible to apply for the job.
- Ascertain if the compensation being offered by the establishment is suitable.
- Ensure that the work timings and hours are suitable.
From the point of view of an employer, job specifications characteristics enable them to:
- Illustrate the exact requirement they want an applicant to possess.
- Procure relevant CV’s for the job opening.
- Save time on screening applications.
Telecom Job Specifications
Call Center Manager Job Description
HVAC Technician Job Description
IT Manager Job Description and Profile
Sales Career Descriptions
Retail Career Descriptions
Research Career Descriptions
Pharmaceutical Career Descriptions
Oil / Energy Career Descriptions
Office Career Descriptions
Nursing Career Descriptions
Media Career Descriptions