Communication Equipment Operator Job Profile and Description
Communication Equipment Operators are seen to operate at switchboards and they have a wide variety of tasks. Their job profile includes everything from supporting of hospitals and other types of services. Apart from the general switchboards they may also be seen to operate at other types of switchboards as well. These different types of switchboards are PBX or private branch exchange switchboards. Though the decline of communication equipment operators is anticipated in 2012 it is still quite a hyped and popular job.
Communication Equipment Operator Duties and Responsibilities
- Handling of different types of tasks like receiving messages, supplying important information and announcing the presence of visitors.
- Working as telephone operators and helping the customers to make telephone calls.
- Assisting the customers in completing long-distance and local telephone calls if these professionals are working as central call operators.
- Taking care of different types of communication related equipments like the telegraph equipment, satellite communications equipments etc.
- Taking care of the different types of operations pertaining to the telephone and business answering services.
Communication Equipment Operator Skills and Specifications
- Highly responsible.
- Good communication skills.
- Highly organized.
- Analytical bent of mind.
- Good idea of the equipments and their functioning style.
Communication Equipment Operator Education and Qualifications
- A high school diploma with strong sense of spelling, math and reading skills is necessary.
- Communication equipment operators need to achieve experience in their field with passage of time in order to move to higher positions.
Communication Equipment Operator Salary
- The median earning for switchboard operators in 2002 was decided to be of $10.19 per hour.
- Those operators who are employed in hospital and physician offices earn more per hour than those officers who are employed in business support services.
Medical Office Administrator Job Description
Fresher Administrative Job Description
Chief Security Administrator Job Description
Confidential Payroll Manager Job Description
Administration Career Descriptions
Risk Fiscal Administrator Job Description
Medical Records Administrator Job Description
Company Facilities Supervisor Job Description
Administrative Services Clerk Job Description
High School Admissions Administrator Job Description
University Admissions Administrator Job Description
Sanatorium Administrator Job Description