Copy Editor Job Profile and Description:
The copy editor is one who ensures that the correct content is printed in different forms of published texts like books, online articles etc. The main objectives are to proof read the content and also check for grammar and spelling errors. He or she is required to design, edit and even provide modifications to the original work.
It is important that the copy editor is proficient in English and is aware of how media publications and other publications work. Such a job requires the candidate to not just have a proper degree in this field but also enough experience before the employer can consider hiring.
Copy Editor Duties and Responsibilities:
- The copy editor must proof read facts, errors, headline, design of the page
- He or she also has managerial duties like enforcing deadlines, managing other freelance contributors etc.
Copy Editor Skills and Specifications:
In order to become successful copy editors, the following skill set is important:
- Computer expertise
- Ensuring fact checking
- scrupulous proofreading
- Detail oriented
- Familiarity with design software and pagination
- Ability to meet Deadline
- Excellence verbal and written communication
Copy Editor Education and Qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree in journalism is essentially require
- A bachelor’s degree in English language or Literature
- Certification from different journalism programs which involve such as writing, developing, fact checking, page layout, proof reading and web designing are also important
- Certification in Media Law, Media and Publishing
Copy Editor Salary:
The U.S BLS reports that there is a high demand for newspaper copy editors but with the emergence of web and multimedia technology there is a slight decline of copy editor posts recently for other publishing houses. The salary of copy editors range from $30,476-$49,536 and this can also increase to $58,440 depending on the employer.
Broadcast Journalism Career Description
Media Specialist Career Description
Broadcast News Analyst Career Description
Photo Editor Career Description
News Report Career Description
Print Journalism Career Description
Legal Secretary Career Description
Disc Jockey Career Description
Marine Biologist Career Description
Naturalist Career Description
Biomedical Engineer Career Description