Customer Service Associate Receptionist Job Description and Profile
A Customer Service Associate Receptionist’s job entails representing the organization in a positive way while answering telephones, greeting visitors, and directing calls. The primary responsibility of a customer service associate receptionist is to execute clerical support in competent manner in compliance with established procedures. Their aim is to work with other areas of department co-operatively to provide quality customer service consistently.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Answering telephone calls, determining nature of incoming call and directing caller to appropriate department or individual.
- Receiving and following reception schedule or instructions as outlined in established procedures and policies of the organization.
- Greeting visitors and directing them to appropriate department with courtesy and tact in a positive, professional manner.
- Receiving inquiries and releasing information in compliance with established organization’s policies and procedures.
- Issuing and collecting identification badges or tags as representatives sign in or sign out.
- Receiving, sorting, and distributing mails as directed and operating computer, office machines, copier, etc., as directed.
- Offering beverages to visitors or new hires waiting for administrative persons, as appropriate.
- Assisting department directors in regular administrative matters such as, typing correspondence, reports etc.
- Reporting any suspected or known unauthorized attempts in order to access the organization’s information system.
- Demonstrating compassion and respect in every interaction.
- Reporting suspicious information or persons to supervisor immediately.
- Attending in-service training sessions and staff meetings, as directed.
Skills and Specifications
- Knowledgeable of appropriate procedures to handle confidential information.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Should be polite, friendly, tactful and well presented.
- Should be able to ameliorate customer service skills.
- Interest in helping and working with customers.
- Should be calm and patient.
Education and Qualifications
- High school diploma or general education from an accredited institution.
- Interest in customer service activities.
Customer Service Manager Job Profile and Description
Customer Service Banker Job Profile and Description
Customer Service Job Descriptions
Customer Service Clerk Job Description
Customer Service Engineer Job Description
Customer Service Advisor Job Description
Customer Service Administrator Job Description
Communications Dispatcher Job Description
Customer Service Receptionist Job Description
Customer Service Assistant Director Job Description
Customer Service Assistant Manager Job Description
Customer Service Planner Job Description