Desktop Publishing Job Profile and Description
Desktop Publishing professionals are highly popular today; hence, the proliferation of jobs in this sector. A desktop publishing professional is one who carries out the task of producing brochures, managing out publications, advertisements and other graphic documents. He has a specific deadline to meet and needs to have a flair for design to be able to carry out the job efficiently. They are hired both on fulltime and part- time basis by the print and online publications.
Desktop Publishing Duties and Responsibilities
- Making use of the good sense of color and graphic impact in order to ensure that the design which is created looks good on screen
- Deciding on the type of fonts which has to be used in order to give the publication a specific style and maintain its readability.
- Making use of the knowledge on the aspects of typography in order to maintain good amount of space between lines etc.
- Manipulating all the graphic and text elements by proper usage of Photoshop, Illustrator and Flash for best results.
- Working with editors, writers, photographers and artists, publications, printers etc in order to complete a particular assignment with efficiency.
- Sending the drafts for review by copy editors and proofreaders.
Desktop Publishing Skills and Specifications
- Good computer skills.
- Excellent manual agility.
- Eye for details.
- Good communication skills.
- Great artistic ability.
Desktop Publishing Education and Qualifications
- A college degree is not imperative to get a desktop publishing job, but certificate course in this field is an added advantage.
- Should have adequate credentials needed to work as a desktop publishing professional.
Desktop Publishing Salary
According to the Median Annual Earnings in U.S 2009 for Desktop Publishers is $36,470.
Medical Office Administrator Job Description
Fresher Administrative Job Description
Chief Security Administrator Job Description
Confidential Payroll Manager Job Description
Administration Career Descriptions
Risk Fiscal Administrator Job Description
Medical Records Administrator Job Description
Company Facilities Supervisor Job Description
Administrative Services Clerk Job Description
High School Admissions Administrator Job Description
University Admissions Administrator Job Description
Sanatorium Administrator Job Description