Electrician Job Duties
Working as part of a team constructing residential and commercial spaces, electricians bring access to electricity to these structures to power the appliances and contraptions that have defined the conveniences of modern living. They are retained in various building administration teams to maintain the electrical wirings as well as modify them as required in any in-building partition changes as are often required by new tenants. For homeowners, electricians are indispensable in maintaining or modifying house wiring in future expansion and repairs. Factories and manufacturing plants have electricians who also maintain but heavy electrical appliances as well.
- Comply with the National Electrical Code as well as state and local building codes in the safe installation and use of electrical wiring, circuit breakers and outlets in buildings and residences.
- Understand building layouts and blueprints which indicate the drop points where electrical outlets will be situated
- Follow building blueprints to know where the electrical conduits are to be installed to connect to main circuit breakers in each floor which will then connect to the entrance power cables.
- Upgrade electrical wiring as required to handle higher current demands.
- Install low voltage, low current wiring networks for data, voice, and video appliances that include telephones, computers, intercoms, and fire alarm and security systems as required alongside high voltage systems.
- Work with electrical engineers in building projects to implement the electrical wiring specifications defined.
- Consult with electronics or network engineer when the wiring involves structured data cabling which can be done according to cabling standards if there are no contracted network installers.
- De-commission, repair and re-install inoperable electric appliances, transformers, generators and motor-driven contraptions in factories.
Clerical Job Duties
Call Center Manager Job Description
HVAC Technician Job Description
IT Manager Job Description and Profile
Sales Career Descriptions
Retail Career Descriptions
Research Career Descriptions
Pharmaceutical Career Descriptions
Oil / Energy Career Descriptions
Office Career Descriptions
Nursing Career Descriptions
Media Career Descriptions