Fashion Cosmetologists Job Profile and Description
Have you ever wondered what makes those fashion models look fabulous in their designer outfits as they walk down the ramp? They are mostly the product of hairstylists, make-up artists, barbers all lumped up under the category of Fashion Stylists Cosmetologists. They can very well be your salon cosmetologists or beauticians who sideline in fashion shows, but for the most part, these cosmetologists are part of the professional team headed by noted fashion designers who regularly conduct fashion catwalks in major fashion capitals of the world. Model agencies that house a bevy of fashion models have a team of cosmetologists along with wardrobe consultants. Some high paying models have their own cosmetologists assigned to them on a personal basis.
Fashion Cosmetologists Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with fashion show coordinators to ensure getting the schedules of fashion events to prepare materials in prepping up the models
- Conduct research on make up and hairstyling trends to ensure that models are always up to date in fashion trends
- Create and maintain rapport with models, fashion designers and wardrobe consultants.
- Follow fashion designer preferences in the look of their models depending on the thematic look and feel of the planned fashion show.
Fashion Cosmetologists Skills and Specifications
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must have excellent interpersonal and people management skills
- Has high computer literacy to use PC
- Must have high organization, supervisory and managerial skills
Fashion Cosmetologists Education and Qualifications
- All states require cosmetologists and other personal grooming specialist like barbers and hairdressers to have a license backed by a 9-month diploma or associate degree from a state-accredited or licensed cosmetology school after finishing secondary school
- 2-3 years of experience in a similar capacity is an advantage.
Fashion Cosmetologists Salary
The median hourly rate in 2008 for fashion hairstylists, and cosmetologists, including tips stood at $11.13. The middle 50% earned between $8.57 and $15.03. The bottom 10% got less than $7.50 while the top 10% got around $20.40.
Portrait Photographer Job Description
Hair Stylist Job Description
Fashion Sales Job Description
Fashion Communications Job Description
Design Director Job Description
Advertising Designer Job Description
Fashion Textile Manufacturer Job Description
Fashion Choreographer Job Description
Fashion Publicist Job Description
Fashion Model Job Description
Fashion Trend Forecaster Job Description
Retail fashion job description