Marketing Director Job Profile and Description
Marketing director’s job entails managing the marketing strategy of a company. Most marketing directors relate themselves with market segments, large groups of consumers, defined by age ethnicity, income, are any other factors. Marketing directors need to find which market segments can buy the products of a company and how best they can sell the company products to the targeted market. Marketing directors work closely with other departments to drive the programs, displays, shows that excite the partners and customers of the company to meet their business goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Designing, implementing, and facilitating annual marketing strategies for the organization.
- Supporting and facilitating development and execution of marketing plans.
- Translating business department objectives and strategies to prepare brand portfolio objective, plans, strategies to facilitate the growth of business unit.
- Developing marketing strategy depending on the knowledge of organizational policy, market nature, royalty and copyright requirements, and markup and cost factors.
- Planning and administering the marketing operations budget of the organization.
- Negotiating with agents to secure correspondences for translating materials into any other media.
- Editing materials in accordance with specific customer on market requirement.
- Developing promotional materials, which include marketing print and collateral copies.
- Assisting in strategic plans for client demonstrations, presentations, displays, etc.
- Working with regional offices to design and implement prospective and client contact system.
- Developing and administering marketing database that includes prospect and client information, access to financial documents and reports, applications of mailing list, etc.
- Supervising client services administrator, regional marketing managers, practice development manager, marketing assistant and communications manager.
- Making hiring and staffing decisions within the marketing department.
- Building ad developing marketing team that is competent, dedicated, commercially astute and efficient.
- Managing daily activities with marketing and press communication agencies.
- Developing and delivering insightful strategies and presentations to the executive committee and business department where appropriate.
- Ensuring that the business department modifies its use of support and shared services.
- Assisting the business department to meet its goals objectives.
Skills and Specifications
- Detailed-oriented with ability to oversee projects from origin through execution.
- Willingness to learn and should be able to flourish in a high growth, dynamic, entrepreneurial environment.
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written.
- Self-starter, entrepreneurial with hands on approach towards business.
Education and Qualification
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or any related field from an accredited institution.
- Degree in marketing related field.
Advertising Coordinator Job Description
Fashion Marketing Manager Job Description
Food Marketing Manager Job Description
Market Research Analysts Job Description
Market Research Manager Job Description
Marketing Associate Job Description
Senior Manager Digital Marketing Job Description
Marketing Operations Strategist Job Description
Marketing Communications Coordinator Job Description
Market Planning Director Job Description
Trade Marketing Job Description
Consumer Market Researcher Job Description