Marketing Intern Job Profile and Description
A marketing intern is someone who is learning the basic marketing practices and gaining exposure to marketing functions in the company he has been hired by. He is usually a young professional who is on a temporary assignment and may work paid or unpaid.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The main task of a marketing intern is to grasp as much as he can about marketing functions and techniques as he can.
- He has to perform certain administrative functions of the organization as well in support of the sales and marketing departments.
- He may have to help in assembling sales, make photocopies, answer and make phone calls and prepare marketing proposal.
- He may have to involve himself in distributing marketing materials to end customers.
- He has to take care of the correspondence of the sales and marketing departments.
- He has to take part in product planning, product launches and competitor analysis, if required.
- He has to make and prepare reports to the direct supervisor.
Skills and Specifications
- A marketing intern has to possess strong written and oral communication skills as well as interpersonal skills.
- He has to be willing to work under supervisory guidance.
- He needs to possess a desire for learning from more experienced personnel.
- He should have a working knowledge of basic computer applications. A good knowledge in Microsoft Office is highly desirable.
- He should have en energetic, detail – oriented and organized attitude to his work.
- He should be willing to work under pressure.
- He should be willing to work unpaid if necessary keeping in mind future possibilities.
Education and Qualifications
The educational qualifications required to be a marketing intern varies according to the industry. For instance, some may require interns to pass out from top MBA institutes, while others are satisfied with a high school diploma.
Advertising Coordinator Job Description
Fashion Marketing Manager Job Description
Food Marketing Manager Job Description
Market Research Analysts Job Description
Market Research Manager Job Description
Marketing Associate Job Description
Senior Manager Digital Marketing Job Description
Marketing Operations Strategist Job Description
Marketing Communications Coordinator Job Description
Market Planning Director Job Description
Trade Marketing Job Description
Consumer Market Researcher Job Description