Marketing Representative Job Profile and Description
A marketing representative is someone who is responsible for creating awareness about a product, service, business or organization. He is responsible for supporting a wide range of marketing activities and is the connection between the buyer and seller.
Duties and Responsibilities
- A marketing representative has to attend regular meetings with clients regarding the product, service or organization he has to represent.
- He has to attend sales meetings regularly in order to understand the product, service or brand he has to market.
- He has to study customer feedback and organize surveys.
- He has to plan strategies and ways in making the product or service exciting enough for customers to endorse.
- He has to handle the advertising and public relations of the product or service of his client.
- He has to maintain good relationships with different media houses and advertising firms.
Skills and Specifications
- Very strong marketing skills are an obvious necessity for a marketing representative.
- He has to possess good oral and written communication skills.
- He has to have the self – confidence and interpersonal skills to gain the trust and confidence of different people.
- He has to be self – motivated and must have a drive to excel in this competitive environment.
- He has to have good business contacts with different sets of people as he needs them in handling the marketing of products and services.
- He should be willing to work long hours, especially during product launches of his clients.
- He must be capable of working in stressful situations.
Education and Qualifications
Persons who want to become a marketing representative need to have a Bachelor’s degree in marketing or the like. A degree in a specialized area, such as finance, communications or banking is an added advantage in that specific industry.
Advertising Coordinator Job Description
Fashion Marketing Manager Job Description
Food Marketing Manager Job Description
Market Research Analysts Job Description
Market Research Manager Job Description
Marketing Associate Job Description
Senior Manager Digital Marketing Job Description
Marketing Operations Strategist Job Description
Marketing Communications Coordinator Job Description
Market Planning Director Job Description
Trade Marketing Job Description
Consumer Market Researcher Job Description