Radiology Technician Career Description
A radiology technician is responsible to carry specialised tests on patients using sophisticated tools and equipments. Most of the common radiology treatments that are undertaken by patients are MRIs, X-Ray, sonograms, etc. These testing procedures need specialized knowledge in medical sciences and therefore candidates who have undertaken medicine in their graduation and post graduation are generally preferred for the role of a radiology technician. The radiology technician should know how these tools work and how results through these scans can be obtained. They submit the reports of these tests to the physicians or doctors for necessary follow up of the treatment on the patient.
Radiology Technician Job Career Description
- A radiology technician should know how to conduct tests and scans by applying chemicals and conducting radiology tests.
- A radiology technician must help the patient come into the testing room, advice on the proper position to be taken, and conduct the test. They should adopt a pleasing attitude to interact with their clients.
- A radiology technician produces radiology reports that are to be interpreted and handed over to the physicians.
- Most of these radiology technicians are helpful to detect tumours, fractured or broken bones, and abnormal sizes and shapes.
- A radiology technician should have the necessary license and certification to start working as a radiology technician.
Radiology Technician Career Salary
Candidates who want to become a radiology technician can find many opportunities in sectors such as health care, hospital, radiology labs, medical services, medical offices, etc. Most of the radiology technicians in the United States have a work experience of about 1-4 years. According to the salary estimated by the National Salary data and released by Pay Scale, the annual compensation of a radiology technician can lie anywhere between $24,000 and $60,000 with the median salary lying around $41,000 per year.
Warehouse Operation Manager Career Description
Warehouse Coordinator Career Description
Warehouse Manager Career Description
Travel Consultant Career Description
Travel Agency Manager Career Description
Travel Coordinator Career Description
Transportation Supervisor Career Description
Transportation Engineer Career Description
Transportation Manager Career Description
HR Trainee Career Description
Sales Trainee Career Description
Marketing Trainee Career Description