News Report Job Profile and Description:
A news reporter is primarily entrusted with the task of covering news stories and presenting them with multimedia to an audience, through the medium of broadcasting. In case the news reporter works in the field of print journalism, his primary medium of transmission of news will of course be the newspaper.
Accuracy, objectivity and correctness of facts are the distinguishing marks of a good and competent news reporter. The job profile is quite interesting as can be gauged by the stiff competition in this field. The news report career is a challenging one as the journalist is exposed to different kinds of situations on a daily basis.
News Report Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities of a news report agent are as follows:
- To provide accurate and reliable information to the general public in the form of collecting facts, conducting interviews, writing articles on the facts collected and so on.
- To ensure that only the truth reaches the audience, and to be dedicated in his commitment to truth and veracity.
- To take pictures, if needed, of news locations in order to complement the article or broadcast of the news reporter.
News Report Skills and Specifications:
The skills and specifications of the news reporter are as follows:
- To adjust to a difficult and challenging lifestyle as the job of a news reporter involves odd hours, extensive travel and high stress levels.
- To be flexible and courageous as the work will involve some amount of hazard. The news reporter will have to cover a variety of stories.
- Publication and reporting experience of at least 3 years.
News Report Education and Qualifications:
The educational qualifications of such a person are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mass Communication or Journalism
- Completion of internships at college and university levels.
News Report Salary:
A news reporter earns around 40,000 USD depending on individual assignments, work experience and affiliations with news agencies.