Customer Service Supervisor Career Description
A customer service supervisor is primarily responsible for improving the performance of the customer service department. They understand the concerns, strengths, and weaknesses of each of the employees working in customer service department and take necessary actions. They arrange for various technical training and soft skills training for their employees. They inspire and motivate them to handle calls from customers even if the customers are irritated and agitated at the product or service. They also attempt to resolve employee concerns regarding wages, employment benefits, and workplace issues. They act as an interface of the top management to the customer service employees.
Customer Service Supervisor Job Career Description
- Candidates who want to become customer service supervisors should complete at least their graduation and have minimum of two years of relevant experience in the customer service department. Candidates with post graduation in marketing or HR will be preferred.
- A customer service supervisor will handle all employee concerns and issues and equip them with skills needed to perform their roles and responsibilities well.
- A customer service supervisor recommends the higher management to take necessary actions like providing incentives or firing non performing employees.
- He or she will also be responsible to improving the productivity and efficiency of the customer service department.
- A customer service supervisor has to take care of exceptional cases when the customer is not ready to listen to the lower level employees and want immediate actions from higher level authorities of the firm.
Customer Service Supervisor Career Salary
Candidates who want to work as customer service supervisor can find many job opportunities particularly in the insurance sector, manufacturing and distribution companies, health insurance firms, telecom sector and banking firms. The annual salary of a customer service supervisor according to the National Salary data estimates by Pay Scale is in the range $21,000 to $56,000 with the median salary about $40,000 per year. The salary depends largely upon the performance of the candidates, his education level and experience.
Warehouse Operation Manager Career Description
Warehouse Coordinator Career Description
Warehouse Manager Career Description
Travel Consultant Career Description
Travel Agency Manager Career Description
Travel Coordinator Career Description
Transportation Supervisor Career Description
Transportation Engineer Career Description
Transportation Manager Career Description
HR Trainee Career Description
Sales Trainee Career Description
Marketing Trainee Career Description