Job Analysis basically, refers to the ways in which the particulars and the prerequisites of a job are determined. It is a study to establish the various attribute, skills, qualifications and traits required for an idyllic candidate for the position. A Job Analysis is vital for marking the job specific traits and recruiting an ideal aspirant for the position.
Importance and purpose of Job Analysis
Analyzing a job is essential for a company so as to recruit the correct persons, enhance the skill sets of their existing employees and optimize their performances
- To determine the specific attributes and skills an applicant requires possessing for a job.
- For hiring a person with the right capabilities so as to optimize work performance.
- Determining the training and induction to be given to a candidate.
- Deciding on the appropriate compensation for the job.
- For reviewing a candidate’s performance in a particular role.
Methods to conduct job analysis
There are several ways in which Job Analysis are conducted, some of which comprise of:
- Studying and analyzing the day-to-day work of the employees.
- Making note of the skills and abilities required by employees to conduct various tasks.
- Structuring the compensation structure based on the analysis report.
- Drafting job specifications and prerequisites in accordance with the analysis.
Job Analysis is a specialized task that is conducted by an analyst or human resource personnel, these analyses are increasingly becoming a vital part of company recruitment and evaluation processes.
Sales Career Descriptions
Retail Career Descriptions
Research Career Descriptions
Pharmaceutical Career Descriptions
Oil / Energy Career Descriptions
Office Career Descriptions
Nursing Career Descriptions
Media Career Descriptions
Marketing Career Descriptions
Manufacturing Career Descriptions
Management Career Descriptions
Maintenance Career Descriptions