Maintenance supervisor Career Description
A maintenance supervisor is one who oversees the operations of the plant or a firm. The job responsibilities may be higher depending on the size and type of organization. The aim of a maintenance supervisor is to ensure the smooth flow of operations in a firm and avoid any unnecessary breakdowns. They are responsible to manage and motivate a team of qualified maintenance professionals to conduct maintenance and repair of the systems and machinery of the firm. For firms in the manufacturing and auto sector, the responsibilities are higher and maintenance supervisors may also have to work in shifts to conduct streamlined operations. But for firms in other sectors like IT or other services, the job pressure is not huge and the maintenance happens in periodic intervals.
Maintenance supervisor Job Career Description
- Candidates who want to become maintenance supervisors should necessarily have experience in the maintenance department for at least a couple of years.
- They should possess the technical and managerial skills to execute his roles and responsibilities well.
- They should recruit and guide a team of maintenance professionals to maintain the operations of the firm.
- Applicants who want to pursue a career as a maintenance supervisor should know the safety procedures that are followed in the particular sector.
- A maintenance supervisor should ensure proper functioning of all the systems and machinery of the firm by undertaking appropriate testing procedures.
Maintenance supervisor Career Salary
Candidates who want to become maintenance supervisors can find many job opportunities in the fields of food manufacturing, real estate property management, steel or metal manufacturing, manufacturing and distribution, poultry processing, etc. Candidates who have 5-6 years of experience in the field will be preferred. The annual salary of a maintenance supervisor according to the salary estimates by National Salary data of Pay Scale is in the range of $29,000 to $75,000 and the median salary is about $52,000 per year.
Warehouse Operation Manager Career Description
Warehouse Coordinator Career Description
Warehouse Manager Career Description
Travel Consultant Career Description
Travel Agency Manager Career Description
Travel Coordinator Career Description
Transportation Supervisor Career Description
Transportation Engineer Career Description
Transportation Manager Career Description
HR Trainee Career Description
Sales Trainee Career Description
Marketing Trainee Career Description