Pharmacy Technician Job Duties
Assisting the pharmacist in most drugstores and retail pharmacies is the pharmacy technician who is responsible for carrying out tasks assigned by a licensed pharmacist not requiring their professional discernment, along with routine tasks to ensure smooth operation of pharmacies. They are also known to carry out duties in clinics, hospitals, laboratories, pharmaceuticals and insurance firms.
- Assist doctors and nurses in clinics and hospitals in the preparation or filling out of any therapeutic medication for their patients.
- Prepares the release of medication, ensures re-stocking of floor inventory, medication cabinets and trays in hospitals.
- Accurately fill out doctor’s prescription doses as presented by patients.
- Perform physical inventory management in ensuring the shelf lives of medicines are observed and they are made available to patients that need them.
- Accurately reflect in any automated pharmacy inventory management system the actual increments and decrements in medicines.
- Prepare the distribution and administration of intravenous fluids in including chemotherapy, oral and other medication procedures.
- Monitor and ensure accurate tracking of medicine dispensing and distribution to satellite pharmacy branches, clinics and hospitals for proper inventory tracking and billing.
- Accurately repackage and label prescriptive and non-prescriptive medication from bulk orders in compliance with packaging standards.
- Participate in efforts to improve pharmacy operational standards.
- Assist in the processing charges to hospitals and billing of patients.
- Assist in the on-the-job training of new hires and pharmacy residency of students.
- Maintain competence compounding sterile medication products.
Marketing Job Duties
Call Center Manager Job Description
IT Manager Job Description and Profile
Sales Career Descriptions
Retail Career Descriptions
Research Career Descriptions
Pharmaceutical Career Descriptions
Oil / Energy Career Descriptions
Office Career Descriptions
Nursing Career Descriptions
Media Career Descriptions
Marketing Career Descriptions